The LGV provisional licence is the first thing you need before you can start learning how to drive these large vehicles. Don’t worry; we help you out with acquiring your licence because we know how frustrating it is to go through this tiresome and complicated process. Read on for a breakdown of the provisional licence and how to obtain it.
The Provisional Licence
The licence works the same way as any conventional provisional licence. Apply for the licence, receive it, and drive the vehicle of choice with a qualified instructor/driver in the front seat. Obviously, it doesn’t mean students can drive commercially or do anything else other than learn, but it’s the vital first step for getting some experience in the process.
When applying for the licence it’s important to remember it takes a while to process the application. Expect at least two weeks to get an answer to the application. These days the licences are photo ID licences, as opposed to the older paper licences.
Applying for the Licence
Firstly, you must have a Category B licence to apply for your provisional. To put it simply, the Category B licence is the one issued to drive a car. Ensure the licence enables you to drive both manual and automatic vehicles otherwise you are severely limiting the types of vehicle you can drive.
Furthermore, you must also meet the medical standards put in place by the European Union. These standards pertain to fitness, sight, and hearing primarily. Take note, these are much more stringent than the original UK versions, so take this into account when applying for a provisional licence. We help you with any medical exams by sending you a full medical examination pack with all the necessary forms and proper guidance. If you are struggling to fill in the forms get in touch with us and we will endeavour to help you with our professional customer support service.
What You Can Do With It
Once you have your LGV provisional licence it enables you to perform a variety of actions. Firstly, you can take your theory exam. You need the provisional licence to hand when you attend any formal examination as part of the identification process. You also can’t get behind the wheel until you obtain this licence.
Here for You
Where we differentiate ourselves from the competition is with our support services. Unlike other learning providers, we deal with students from the very start. Some trainers only deal with people who already have their provisional licences, leaving them to deal with the complicated process of filing for their provisional.
If you are preparing to enter the world of professional driving don’t hesitate to contact our customer support service. As former professional drivers themselves they know exactly what to do when it comes to applying for the provisional licence. By getting in touch early students can find out what awaits them when they acquire their right to get behind the wheel of an LGV vehicle.
Further Resources on Getting an LGV Licence
If you want to know more about getting an LGV driving licence please choose from the selection of our other articles listed below.
- Top Quality Intensive Ambulance Driver Training Courses
- The Best LGV Driver Training Schools across the UK
- You’re Career as an LGV Driver Starts Here
- Find the Best LGV Driver Training In Your Local Area
- The Complete Guide to the LGV Licence
- The Real Costs of Getting an LGV Licence
- How Do I Get an LGV Provisional Licence?
- Everything You Need To Know About the LGV Test
- Facts and Top Tips on Passing the LGV Theory Test
- Find the Best UK LGV Training Course Deals Online
- How to Compare LGV Training Costs Like a Professional
- What is LGV? Driving Licence Requirements Explained
- Nationwide Low Cost Van Driver Training Schools
- Are You Thinking About Van Driving For A Living?
- Hiring A Van - Do You Need A Van Driving Licence?
- The UK's Best Intensive Van Driving Training Courses Revealed
- Latest Van Licence Requirements for UK Drivers
Got a Burning Question
We're here to help! Just fill in the form below and we'll get right back to you. *